The following article from the Master Builders WA Express Newsletter has a useful message for members:
- Our online entry system for our 2016 Master Builders Bankwest Housing Excellence Awards has been popular with more than 250 entries being posted online in its first year of operation. Thanks and good luck to all our entrants! Judging will commence on 12 October and conclude on 13 November.
- A new book, ‘A Legal Eagle’s Birdseye of Perth Property’, by WA solicitor Jules Lewin, deals with the essence of property law. It’s designed to de-mystify the legal process and help make the everyday task of buying, selling and investing in property easier. Click here for more.
- The City of Cockburn is encouraging apartments within its boundaries and is looking to support ongoing development of this sector with several growing activity centres. A recently released Master Builders-Y Research report found that Cockburn is already over-delivering on state government density targets.
- Stop crime on your sites! Register now to be a part of the Master Builders and Meridian Services initiative to reduce building site theft and vandalism, and reduce your out of pocket expenses.Click here to register.
- Cbus has recently launched a new Super Hub, a one-stop-shop for monthly super topics and tips. This month the topic is Salary Sacrifice! Visit the site now and access a wealth of valuable information about super.
- Cockburn Central West will be a carefully masterplanned community, home to over 2,000 people and includes the future $109m Cockburn Recreation Centre and Fremantle Dockers facility. Registrations of interest are open for 18 lots ranging from 2,572sqm to 5,889sqm for a mixed use zoning allowing apartments, offices, retail, cafés and restaurants. Click here.
- In a payroll tax audit, the Office of State Revenue can assess for the current financial year plus the previous five. With penalties, the payroll tax liability can be substantial. Click here for some handy RSM advice.